May 01, 2012 6:35:52 AM by
Recently, five lives were lost in a tragedy involving carbon monoxide poisoning in Oxon Hill, MD. What killed them? It was carbon monoxide (CO) that leaked into the house from rusted and separated exhaust pipes on a natural gas furnace. According to the Washington Post, CO levels of between 140 parts per million to as high as 560 parts per million were found in the home. To put that number in perspective, 0 to 5 parts per million are considered “normal” and it takes only 30 parts per million to be fatal over time.
October 18, 2011 8:22:34 AM by
Let’s face it, we don’t always remember to watch for healthy home indicators (or lack thereof) when searching for an apartment. Looking for the “right” apartment can be a very stressful, time-consuming, and a daunting task - especially if you are without the services of a realtor. Stress and all, it helps to be mindful of a few things while in search of an apartment.