2018 NEHA/HUD Annual Conference Registration Scholarships
The National Center for Healthy Housing is pleased to announce that we are sponsoring five registrations to the NEHA 2018 Annual Educational Conference (AEC) & Exhibition and HUD Healthy Homes Conference, to be held June 25-28, 2018, in Anaheim, California.
These scholarships were open to anyone with plans or interest in attending the conference and are meant as an assistance for those with limited funds available to cover registration costs. Applicants completed a brief survey, and the five recipients were selected by random drawing. Funding for this opportunity was provided by The Kresge Foundation.
We received 29 applications from 15 states, covering all 10 EPA regions and multiple sectors. To receive notifications about similar opportunities in the future, be sure to sign up for the National Safe and Healthy Housing Coalition.
The 2018 Scholarship Receipients
The five recipients of the 2018 NEHA/HUD Annual Conference Registration Scholarships are:
- Heather MacDavid, Southern Nevada Health District, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Michelle Gonzales, MPH Candidate, Gillings School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Saqi Maleque Cho, National Center for Health in Public Housing, Alexandria, Virginia
- Sara Caldwell, Westchester County Department of Health, New Rochelle, New York
- Sonal Patel, University of California, Irvine, Irvine; Inner City Law Center, Los Angeles; and the Orange County Healthcare Agency, Santa Ana, California