Building Systems to Improve Indoor Air Quality
Project Funder: Funding for this project is made possible through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Project Partners: Partners to be announced.
Project Contact: Laura Fudala, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443.539.4167.
NCHH is collaborating with EPA to operate as a central knowledge base and provide flexible technical assistance to support communities in taking systems-level action to reduce indoor air risks. The purpose of the proposed work is to celebrate, map, and spread successful policies and systems; instigate new communities to take action; and encourage communities to climb the ladder of engagement, taking actions that achieve cross-sector partnerships and put sustainable, systems-level policies and programs in place. Without this support, many communities that are primed for change may not be able to mobilize effectively to improve indoor environments or expand and sustain existing efforts.
As part of this effort, NCHH selected five communities for a bundled award of coaching and support over 18 months that includes on-call access to technical assistance from a network of national experts, opportunities to engage in peer learning, and a $15,000 grant. A semifinalist was also selected to receive optional technical assistance and a $5,000 grant. Additional detail regarding the selected communities and their awarded projects is available here.
Contact us to learn more about available technical assistance and/or the project overall.
- Establishing and Running a Local Home Repair Program: A Technical Assistance Tool [pdf; NCHH, 2022]
- Using CDBG Funding to Improve IAQ COMING SOON
Project-Related Media Announcements:
- Press release: NCHH, EPA Announce New Indoor Air Quality Funding Opportunity [url; NCHH, 2022]
- Blog: Why We’re Excited About the 2022 Indoor Air Quality Mini-Grants [url; NCHH, 2022]
- Blog: Equipping and Inspiring Communities to Improve Indoor Air Quality Now and for Generations to Come [url; NCHH, 2021]
Funding Opportunity Resources:
- Grant Opportunity and Eligibility Requirements [url; NCHH, 2022]
Latest page update: March 7, 2023.